Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Disclaimers

Before you get your hopes up and think that I am a Shakespeare afficianado, I need to point out that I am just a home school mom who would like to teach my children to have an appreciation for Shakespeare, one of the greatest and most studied playwrights. One of the great things about the age in which we live is the vast resources of the internet. Most of what I pull together for my kids, especially in regards to literature, come from resources on the internet. Alas, most will be the work of others, who are far more knowledgeable than I. I will list these resources as I use and find them.

That said, one of my favorite resource sites for Shakespeare, is the Folger Shakespeare Library, which also houses the The Folger Theatre. The Folger is located in Washington DC and has one of the largest collections of Shakespeare stuff on this side of the Atlantic, or perhaps the world as its website claims. This site, The Folger Library, is a wealth of information, lesson plans and fun things for kids to do. Please take time to browse it.

No comments:

Post a Comment